The Sumatrix Biotech is a family of animal-free and plant-free, bacterial-derived biofabricated materials.
Sumatrix Biotech uses biotechnology to transform waste into high-value products. Glucose and nitrogen from waste sources are used by bacteria during microbial fermentation and converted into biocellulose. Biocellulose is a unique material, it grows through natural fermentation. We support the growth of a sustainable bioeconomy by minimizing freshwater consumption, not using agricultural land and carefully selecting our inputs. Sumatrix Biotech is a family of innovative biomaterials. The production is based on a unique technology for the reproducible production of high-performance nanofiber-structured biomaterials. Benefit from outstanding material properties.
- White biotechnological production process
- Nanofiber structure
- Ultra-pure cellulose
- High mechanical stability
- Thermal stability up to 350°C
- High liquid absorption and holding capacity
- Recyclable and biodegradable
- Ultra light
- Rheology modifier
- Highly compatible with water-based systems
- Suitable for improving adhesion, scratch resistance, tensile strength, erosion, anti-reflective coatings and more
- A carrier platform for adding and dispersing other active nanoparticles for modification of optical properties, gas barrier, active catalysts and more
Sumatrix Biotech invites you to join our bio-based revolution experience firsthand the endless opportunities that biocellulose bestows. From a simple additive to complex composite foams, from ultrathin coatings to thick films with integrated properties, biocellulose can be crafted to meet your needs.